Purple Haze Hemp CBD Strain
Purple Haze is a Sativa Dominant strain with an 85/15 ratio of Sativa to Indica. It has 21% CBD and less than 0.2% THC, which make it a perfect strain for both body and mind. Its lineage is largely unverified although there is speculation that it is as a result of a cross between Haze and Purple Thai.
Though its name is believed to be derived from Jimmy Hendricks classic, its appearance of nugs that are covered in fuzzy white trichomes, with leaves and calyxes which transition from dark green to lavender blue or intense violet or purple color might also have contributed to its naming. Purple Haze tends to be a bit fragile and you should therefore protect your nugs from oxidation and heat if possible by using a Cvault.
The Purple Haze CBD flower gives off a musty, dank scent. A second inhale reveals some sharp, berry-tinged, citrusy notes with an undertone of chocolate and coffee. When taken apart or grinded, these flowers let off an herbal, earthy aroma, familiar to fans of Haze. Their flavor is hash like in taste with sweet, tart undertones.
It provides for a smooth smoke whose effects hit you almost immediately. A burst of energy will shoot through your spine with a tingling sensation that will have you moving around looking for things to do. Then the sativa dominant effects will kick in, you will have great mental clarity and a rush of creativity and ideas. This strain is a perfect conversation starter because you will suddenly find yourself quite chatty and sociable.
If you have any muscle aches or fatigue, this is the perfect strain for you as you will feel a total sense of relaxation and refreshing of your body. All aches and pains will be instantly forgotten. This strain is also great in managing anxiety and depression due to its uplifting sativa component.
With all the energy and creativity you will unleash, it is important to have a to- do list on hand before indulging in this strain to avoid having the jitters or excess nervous, undirected energy. Also, do not be tempted to over indulge.
This strain is best suited for daytime of early evening use.
Purple Haze is a Sativa dominant CBD strain with an 85/15 Sativa to Indica ratio. It has 21% CBD and less than 0.2% THC content.
Though there are doubts about its lineage, it is believed to be a cross between Haze and Purple Thai.
Terpenes are the element that give most herbs, fruits and plants their characteristic aroma. Each terpene has unique characteristics and benefits.
Purple Haze is not known for its abundance of terpenes but what it does have is linalool, carophyllene, pinene, limonene and myrcene in some notable amounts.
- Caryophyllene: Found in a good amount in Purple Haze, this terpene activates the endocannabinoid system and provides anti-inflammatory effects.
- Linalool: This terpene is believed to have both calming and relaxation benefits.
- Pinene: Useful in treating pain, anxiety and depression, this terpene is also an effective bronchodilator as it opens up the airways to allow more oxygen to get to the lungs.
- Limonene: This terpene aids in the absorption of other terpenes and suppresses the growth of several bacteria and fungi. It also helps in weight loss.
- Myrcene: This terpene has a musky, earthy smell and some very special medicinal properties. Great in the entourage effect, this terpene enhances the action of other terpenes and is also a potent analgesic, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory agent and antimutagenic substance.
- Caryophyllene: This terpene activates the endocannabinoid system and provides anti inflammatory effects.